Why Choose Duddon Cleaning ~ Millom
We are a small, independently owned cleaning business providing professional carpet and upholstery cleaning based in Millom, Cumbria.
Reasons to choose us:
- Thorough cleaning: we take pride in our work, all tasks will be carried out to the highest possible standards; we only clean to industry approved specifications with specialist products in which we have been fully trained.
- The professional cleaning of your furnishings not only helps to keep them bright and fresh but extends their life by removing harmful grit and dirt.
- If possible, we like to look at any work to be carried out, so we offer a free no-obligation survey and quotation. Ring any time for an appointment.
- The price quoted will be the price you pay.
- We have invested in highly powerful equipment which enables us to thoroughly deep clean all your soft furnishings.
- We are a full member of the NCCA (Industry Body), fully insured to work in your home, and carry treatment risk insurance (covers all furnishings worked on).
- If you choose us we will arrive at the arranged time, consult and explain every aspect of the cleaning process and be polite and respectful of your home.
- We guarantee you will be pleased with our results. If you’re not happy with our work, we won’t be.
- Areas covered include Workington, Whitehaven, Egremont, Gosforth, Millom, Ulverston, Barrow in Furness, and all villages in and around these areas.
Here are just some of the services we can provide:
Our carpets are an expensive investment, let us clean them regularly to maintain their appearance, and extend their life. Your carpets trap soils, dust, pet hairs and also act as a filter for many other pollutants. Regular vacuuming removes some of these but is not able to remove particles deep within. Regular cleaning has been proven to do this and also improves indoor air quality.
Cleaning processes we use
- Extraction cleaning-
- Thorough vacuuming with a professional-grade vac.
- A pre-spray is then applied, this is a cleaning solution that breaks down the soiling in the carpet and suspends it in this solution.
- A thorough brushing in of this solution deep into the carpet pile using a mechanical agitator, designed specifically for this task.
- The final process, a complete rinse, and extraction of this solution using a high powered machine.
- Thorough vacuuming.
- Application of a free rinsing pre-spray.
- Agitation of this solution into the carpeting using a rotating cleaning machine, which has attached to it a special scrubbing bonnet.
- Then using the same machine, we attach a different microfibre pad (bonnet), which has a very high absorbency and this draws the soil into the pad.
- Thorough vacuuming.
- The powder medium is sprinkled on the carpet pile, brushed in with a CRB (contra-rotating brush machine) designed for this task, the powder medium then absorbs the soiling.
- After a short dwell time, the powder and soil are vacuumed away.
There are many hides, colours, and finishes on modern leather suites.
Upholstery cleaning is a very delicate operation. Modern suites have a vast array of patterns, styles and colours. Again, we love to clean upholstery, as the results that can be achieved can be fantastic.
- Vacuum with special upholstery tools removing loose soil and dust.
- Apply a specialist upholstery pre-spray which helps to break down the built-up soiling, paying special attention to heavily soiled areas, usually arms, seat cushions, head area. This is then lightly agitated with a natural fibre brush.
- The fabric is then thoroughly rinsed through with a specialist hand tool at the same time as the loosened soil and the pre-spray is drawn from the suite, leaving a thoroughly clean fabric.